For the most part, Parisiennes, Laurentians, Bel-Airs and Impalas sold new in Australia were assembled in Australia by Holdens - a division of General Motors. Therefore they had Holden builder's plates. An amount of information can be determined from them.
If you own a one of these cars you can help with research by sending me the details of your builder's plate and any firm information you may have on the car. In return I will forward you information for decoding what I know and any theories that develop. I may not be able to provide much information initially however I will keep track of your email address and update everybody from time to time.
What do I need?
You can help by emailing me with the following:-
Please contact me with any information at email@example.com
- What your car is - i.e. Parisienne / Impala / etc, Year, engine, factory/dealer accessories.
- Sedan, Pillarless or Convertible.
- A clear (i.e. readable photo of the builder's plate (see example) or a line by line transcript of what is says - both would be even better.
- A photo of your car (will help me to catalog it correctly).
- Indication if you are happy (or not) for your car to be displayed on this web site.
- Any details that you know (positively), or believe, or guess, about you car. For example you may have papers to say when and where it was sold new or you may simply believe it to be a Queensland (or wherever) car since new.
- The color of the body and roof and if you believe those to be original.
- Your email address.
- Anything else you wish to tell me.
© All Information and material on this site is copyright. Reproduction without written permission and acknowledgment
is prohibited. Version 9,